How to Make Croutons
Once you learn how to make croutons at home, you will never go back to buying them in a box from the store. This homemade croutons recipe is unbelievably easy to make and it tastes infinitely better than anything out of a package. The great thing about this recipe is that it can be be made with any stale bread, including sandwich bread. These croutons are seasoned with Italian seasoning and fresh garlic, but you can use any seasonings you have on hand.
Preparation Time5 min
Cooking Time25 min
- 4 cups stale bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degress F.
- In a large bowl, toss cubed bread with minced garlic, olive oil, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the croutons in a single layer on a tinfoil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown, stirring halfway through cooking.
Subscribe to Our Free Newsletter
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.