Fast-Fix Fried Apples
This recipe for Fast-Fix Fried Apples is a must-make, especially if you are looking for a quick-cooking and endlessly versatile dish for any occasion. You can serve these Southern fried apples as a sweet accompaniment to your dinner, or serve them with a dollop of whipped cream for dessert. These fried apples also make a great topping for pancakes, ice cream, or oatmeal. Use them as a base for your next pie or crisp, or eat them straight out of the pan. No matter how you serve them up, these Fast-Fix Fried Apples are guaranteed to be gone in a flash! If you are looking for an easy Southern recipe that you can practically memorize, look no further than these Fast-Fix Fried Apples. The great thing about this apple recipe is that you can easily customize them to suit your tastes. If you have more of a sweet tooth, you could easily add more brown sugar. You could also add more cinnamon for fried apples that are even more flavorful and delicious.
For even more cooking inspiration, check out 9 Easy Southern Recipes: The Ultimate Guide to Southern Cooking and Southern Comfort Food!
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time20 min
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/8 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- juice of half a lemon
- Preheat 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add butter.
- Once the butter is melted, add brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Cook butter and brown sugar mixture until syrupy, about 2 minutes. Add in sliced apples; stir to combine until all the apple slices are coated in the butter and brown sugar mixture.
- Cover the apples and let cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. The apples should be soft and tender but not mushy. In the last minute of cooking, stir in the juice of half a lemon.
- Serve as a side dish or dessert.
Subscribe to Our Free Newsletter
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.