King Ranch Chicken Mac and Cheese
Two Southern classics collide in this easy Southern recipe for King Ranch Chicken Mac and Cheese. If you love macaroni and cheese, then you are sure to love this baked version that also tastes like a classic King Ranch Casserole. King Ranch Chicken Mac and Cheese would make a great dish to share at a potluck or church supper. This dish is creamy and spicy with lots of diced chicken and Tex-Mex flavors. The baked macaroni and cheese also features a crunchy topping made from crushed Doritos.
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Time30 min
Cooking MethodCasserole, Oven
Cooking Vessel Size10-inch pan
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) can tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (8-ounce) Velveeta cheese
- 3 cups cooked diced chicken
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed Nacho cheese-flavored tortilla chips
Subscribe to Our Free Newsletter
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.