Baked French Toast Casserole is sure to become your new go-to breakfast recipe to feed a crowd. This overnight French toast casserole is a great recipe to make for breakfast on special occasions and holidays. All of the prep for this recipe can be done the night before, which makes serving breakfast in the morning a breeze. Serve this tasty French toast casserole alongside fresh fruit for a filling breakfast. You can also top the casserole with a bit of powdered sugar or maple syrup for an additional bit of sweetness.
For more breakfast recipes, check out our free, downloadable eCookbook, 7 Southern Christmas Breakfast Ideas: Overnight Breakfast Casserole Recipes & More.
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Vessel Size9 x 13 inch baking dish
- 1 loaf of challah, French, or Italian bread
- 3 cups whole milk
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- For the topping:
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Begin by cutting the loaf of bread into slices and then 1-inch cubes. Place the cubes in a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Combine the eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt in a separate bowl. Pour over the bread cubes, making sure that all of the bread is evenly coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- After the casserole has been refrigerated for at least 8 hours, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and make the topping.
- For the topping: Combine the brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and pecans. Sprinkle evenly over the casserole.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a knife inserted into the center of the casserole comes out clean. If the casserole browns too quickly, cover it with aluminum foil for the remainder of the cooking time.
- Serve hot with powdered sugar or maple syrup, if desired.
Tags / Related Topics
Subscribe to Our Free Newsletter
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.