Nothing beats a rich and cheesy potato casserole, and these Creamy Ranch Potatoes are bound to be some of the best potatoes you ever taste. It is easy to make this potato casserole recipe because it starts with frozen, pre-diced potatoes with peppers and onions. Microwaving the potatoes also helps to jump-start the cooking process. After the potatoes have cooked for a bit, they are combined with a creamy mixture made from canned cream of mushroom soup, milk, and Ranch dressing mix. Cheddar cheese gets added to the mix for extra flavor and richness. Before the potato mixture gets baked in the oven, it gets sprinkled with bacon, bread crumbs, and more cheese. One bite of these Creamy Ranch Potatoes will be enough to convince you to make this potato casserole recipe again and again. This fun and flavorful casserole makes for an amazing dish to take to parties, potlucks, or church suppers.
For more recipes like this one, be sure to check out 9 Best Potato Casserole Recipes.
Cooking Time30 min
Cooking MethodCasserole, Oven
Cooking Vessel Size9 x 13 inch baking dish
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 (28-ounce) bag frozen potatoes O'Brien with peppers and onions
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 envelope dry Ranch dressing mix
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup cracker crumbs (about 1 sleeve Ritz crackers)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook bacon until just crisp. Chop and set aside.
- Place the potatoes in the baking dish and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. The potatoes will not be fully cooked.
- Combine the soup, milk, and dressing mix. Stir well. Add about half of the cheese and stir. Pour the soup mixture over the partially cooked potatoes and stir.
- Sprinkle the dish with the remaining cheese and the reserved bacon. Sprinkle with the crumbs and bake for about 30 minutes until lightly browned and bubbly.
Tags / Related Topics
Subscribe to Our Free Newsletter
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.