Top 100 Easy Southern Recipes: Your Favorite Southern Comfort Food Recipes
2015 was a great year for FaveSouthernRecipes.com. Throughout the year, we added great, new Southern recipes to the site, while we also enjoyed our favorite Southern comfort food recipes from years gone by. In this collection of Top 100 Easy Southern Recipes of 2015: Your Favorite Southern Comfort Food Recipes, you will find 100 reader-favorite recipes from 2015. This collection of Southern cooking recipes has it all: classic Southern recipes, Southern casserole recipes, homemade cake recipes, easy pie recipes, and more. No matter what type of Southern comfort food you are craving, you will be able to find an easy recipe to make in this collection of Top 100 Easy Southern Recipes.
Top 100 Easy Southern Recipes of 2015: Your Favorite Southern Comfort Food Recipes
Table of Contents
- Chilis, Soups, and Stews
- Classic Southern Recipes
- Southern Breakfast Recipes
- Easy Potato Recipes
- Easy Beef Recipes
- Recipes for Chicken
- Southern Casserole Recipes
- Southern Pork Recipes
- Easy Southern Desserts
- Recipes for Cobblers and Crisps
- Homemade Cake Recipes
- Southern Pie Recipes
- Other Southern Recipes
Nothing is better on a cool autumn or winter day that a warm bowl of chili, soup, or stew. These easy recipes are great for when you want to warm yourself up from the inside out.
- George Washington's Favorite Soup
- Old-Fashioned Beef Vegetable Soup
- Cowboy Beef Stew
- Smokey Creole Gumbo
It doesn't get much better than classic Southern fare. Here you will find Southern biscuit recipes, recipes for shrimp and grits, and more Southern comfort food recipes.
- 4-Ingredient Magic Biscuits
- Big Mama's Biscuits
- Crispy Southern Fried Chicken
- Mississippi Comeback Sauce
- Simple Shrimp and Grits
- Slow Cooker Louisiana-Style Red Beans and Rice
See our best recipes in 9 Easy Southern Recipes: The Ultimate Guide to Southern Cooking and Southern Comfort Food.
Start your day off on the best food possible with these Southern breakfast recipes. Whether you crave savory or sweet meals in the morning, you will find a recipe to make below.
- 30-Minute Sausage Gravy and Biscuit Skillet
- Biscuits and Country Gravy Bake
- Butter Rolls
- Just-Like Cracker Barrel Ham and Egg Casserole
- Melt-In-Your-Mouth Cowboy Muffins
- Skillet Texas Hash
Potatoes are a staple ingredient in most kitchens, and these recipes prove why. No one will be able to resist these cheesy and flavorful potato recipes.
- Cheesiest Hash Brown Casserole
- Fully Loaded Extreme Cheesy Potato Casserole
- Hash Brown Casserole with Corn Flake Topping
- Homemade Southern Hash Brown Casserole
- Scalloped Sweet Potato Stacks
Make a hearty dinner for your family with any of these easy beef recipes. Life-Changing Chicken Fried Steak and Slow Cooker Tater Tot Casserole are two of our favorite recipes.
- Beefed-Up Dinnertime Enchiladas
- Cowboy Cattle Drive Casserole
- Beef and Bean Cowboy Casserole
- Life-Changing Chicken Fried Steak
- Mississippi Chuck Roast
- Slow Cooker Tater Tot Casserole
- Smothered Salisbury Steak Tips
- Sunday Dinner Meatloaf
- Taco Cups
- Texas Lasagna
- Unstuffed Cabbage Skillet
Nothing beats a good chicken dinner. Make a fancy but easy meal with Butter Cream Chicken, or make use of crescent rolls by making our Chicken Cheddar Broccoli Braid.
- 4-Ingredient Crispy Cajun Chicken
- Butter Cream Chicken
- Chicken Cheddar Broccoli Braid
- Copycat KFC Fried Chicken
- Cracker Barrel Sunday Chicken
- Granny's Chicken and Dumplings
- Simple Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
- Spicy Peach Chicken
You can always count on Southern casserole recipes to be hearty, comforting, and filling. Many of these casserole recipes make great side dishes, but below you will also find plenty of main dish casseroles.
- Chicken Cobbler Casserole
- Church Supper Broccoli Casserole
- Classic Chicken Pot Pie
- Comforting Chicken and Stuffing Casserole
- Cream Cheese Country Chicken Casserole
- Nana's Southern Chicken and Dressing
- Quick-Fix Pineapple Casserole
- Texas Chicken Ranch Casserole
For more Southern casseroles, be sure to check out our collection of 25 Southern Casserole Recipes.
Make a succulent pork dinner for your family with any of these Southern pork recipes. Readers especially love all of the smothered pork recipes included below.
- 3-Ingredient Pork Chops
- 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- Hot Ham and Cheese Slider Casserole
- Oven-Roasted BBQ Country-Style Ribs
- Pork Chops with Golden Ranch Gravy
- Smothered Creole Slow Cooker Pork Chops
- Smothered Pork Chops and Gravy
Satisfy your sweet tooth with any of these Southern desserts. You'll find everything from dessert salads to fudge.
- Favorite Old-Fashioned Tea Cakes
- Mandarin Cheesecake Salad
- Old-Fashioned Jam Bars
- Peach Cobbler Crumb Bars
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake Fudge
- Perfect Peach Cobbler Dump Cake
- Southern Strawberry Coconut Punch Bowl Cake
Sometimes the only thing that will satiate a dessert craving a gooey helping of cobbler. These cobbler recipes and crisp recipes feature fresh fruit, frozen fruit, and even nuts!
- Gooey Pecan Cobbler
- Nana's Old-Fashioned Peach Cobbler
- Pecan Cobbler Dump Cake
- Slow Cooker Southern Peach Cobbler
- The Best Ever Southern Peach Cobbler
By far, our readers loved Southern cake recipes more than any other type of recipe in 2015. Check out all of your favorite cake recipes.
- Caramel Pound Cake
- Classic Dump Cake
- Classic Southern Caramel Cake
- Grandma's Special Lemon Pound Cake
- Kentucky Butter Cake
- Lemon Coconut Cake
- Louisiana Crunch Cake
- Nana's Secret Ingredient Pound Cake
- Ode-to-Elvis Poke Cake
- Old-Fashioned Caramel Layer Cake
- Old-Fashioned Hummingbird Cake
- Old-Fashioned Southern Pound Cake
- Pecan Pie Cake
- Pineapple Cake with Coconut Pecan Icing
- Preacher's Cake
- Real Deal Southern Caramel Cake
- Shortcut Preacher Cake
- Sock It To Me Cake from Scratch
- Classic Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake
Download a free copy of Heavenly Southern Desserts: 9 Easy Cake Recipes.
Making a pie from scratch may seem daunting, but these reader-favorite pie recipes will help you make a show-stopping dessert in no time at all.
- 3-Layer Impossible Pie
- Better Than Anything Peach Slab Pie
- Nana's Fried Apple Hand Pies
- Red Velvet Fudge Pie
- Self-Crust Coconut Pie
Find more easy pie recipes in our free, printable collection of The Best Easy Pie Recipes: 14 Southern Recipes for Pie.
These easy Southern recipes didn't quite fit into any other category, but readers loved them all the same.
Subscribe to Our Free Newsletter
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.