19 Easy Southern Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Less
Whether you're looking for a simple recipe for dinner or dessert, you'll find all that and more below.
When you are stressed, busy, or in a rush, nothing beats a simple recipe that only calls for a few ingredients.
Life is complicated enough without having to deal with a complex recipe with a laundry list of ingredients at the end of the day, which is why we have compiled this collection of 19 Easy Southern Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Less.
In this collection you will find main dish recipes with 5 ingredients or less, side dish recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and even 5-ingredient dessert recipes. These recipes are simple but flavorful so that you can get food on the table fast without any sacrifices.
19 Easy Southern Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Less
Table of Contents
To add even more simplicity to your life, download a copy of our free eCookbook, 8 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes: Southern Recipes for Dinner and Dessert
Main Dish Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Less
- Momma's Baked Macaroni and CheeseThis reader-favorite recipe is full of wholesome, down-home flavor. When you are craving a creamy and comforting batch of macaroni and cheese like your mom and grandma used to make, turn to this recipe for Momma's Baked Macaroni and Cheese.
- 4-Ingredient Crispy Cajun Chicken(pictured) - Nothing beats a recipe with Cajun flavor, except maybe for a recipe with less than five ingredients. This recipe for 4-Ingredient Crispy Cajun Chicken is easy, flavorful, and just a little bit spicy.
- 3-Ingredient Pork ChopsThis dump-and-go recipe features pork chops, apple pie filling, and boxed stuffing. Since the ingredients are so simple, it is so easy to prepare this casserole on a busy weeknight.
- Pork Chops with Golden Ranch GravyIf you don't think that a simple recipe can taste amazing, this slow cooker recipe will change your mind. Cream of chicken soup and ranch dressing mix add tons of flavor and creamy goodness to this recipe.
- 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Pulled PorkIf you love pulled pork, this is the recipe for you! Simply dump all the ingredients in your slow cooker, turn it on, and come home to tender pulled pork. What could be better than that?
Side Dish Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Less
- 4-Ingredient Magic BiscuitsYou know this recipe is good if it has the word magic in the title. These sour cream biscuits are fluffy, delicious, and irresistible.
- 5-Ingredient CornbreadBring some Southern comfort to your table with this recipe for 5-Ingredient Cornbread. This recipe for old-fashioned Southern cornbread goes well with just about anything.
- Sizzling Potatoes O'BrienWe love this 4-ingredient recipe for sizzling potatoes because it comes together quickly and easily. These potatoes would make a great side dish for any meal.
- Classic 5-Ingredient Corn Casserole(pictured) - Everyone has a special place in their heart for corn casserole, and it doesn't get much better than a recipe that only calls for five ingredients. This corn casserole recipe is rich, fluffy, and the perfect side dish.
- Quick Southern Green BeansIn this easy Southern recipe, green beans are cooked with bacon and brown sugar for a flavorful side dish. Plus, these beans only take 30 minutes to cook, so they'll be ready in no time!
- Skillet Southern Mac and CheeseThis skillet recipe is simple enough for novice cooks to try. The next time you crave a cozy bowl of mac and cheese, this recipe will have you covered.
5-Ingredient Dessert Recipes
- Easy Watergate SaladAll you need to make this fantastically decadent dessert salad is pineapple, marshmallows, chopped pecans, pistachio pudding mix, and whipped topping.
- 4-Ingredient Hash CandyThis old-fashioned candy recipe is as easy as it gets. This hash candy makes a great gift around the holidays.
- 4-Ingredient Cherry FluffDessert salads are fun and easy to make for spring and summer potlucks, and this recipe for 4-Ingredient Cherry Fluff couldn't be simpler.
- Brown Sugar Baked PeachesIt doesn't get much simpler than a recipe that calls for peaches, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter. This is the perfect dessert for one, but it is also easy to replicate for a larger crowd.
- 3-Ingredient Peach CobblerIt's always a good idea to have a simple dessert recipe for last-minute entertaining. Canned peaches, cake mix, and butter are the only ingredients you need for this dessert.
- 3-Ingredient Fruit Cobbler Dump Cake(pictured) - Warm fruit cobbler is simply irresistible and this recipe is unbelieveably easy to make. Unlike many dump cakes, this recipe uses soda instead of butter, so it is a bit healthier.
- Retro Cherry Dump CakeThe only time you'll need a spoon for this dessert is to eat it. That's right, you don't even need to stir this cake before you bake it in the oven.
- 2-Ingredient Raspberry Angel Food CakeWhen a dessert craving hits, turn to this easy cake recipe. All you need is a can of pie filling and a box of angel food cake mix! You can also substitute any flavor of pie filling, so the possibilities are nearly endless.
For even more easy dessert recipes, check out our collection of
Read NextSkillet Kentucky Hot Brown
Subscribe to Our Free Newsletter
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.