"18 Easy Southern Recipes: The Ultimate Guide to Southern Cooking and Southern Comfort Food" Free eCookbook
By: Kaitlin Weiler, Editor, FaveSouthernRecipes.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
If you travel below the Mason-Dixon Line, you know that you are guaranteed to eat the best food of your life. Navigating Southern cuisine can be a bit tricky, no matter if you are from the South or from the North. This free eCookbook, 18 Easy Southern Recipes: The Ultimate Guide to Southern Cooking and Southern Comfort Food, will help introduce you to some of the best comfort food recipes that the South has to offer. You will find a wide variety of recipes in 18 Easy Southern Recipes: The Ultimate Guide to Southern Cooking and Southern Comfort Food, so you are guaranteed to find at least one recipe that you will want to make tonight.
The first chapter is focused on Southern main dish recipes. You will find five unique recipes that you can choose from so that you can make whatever suits your mood. In the second chapter, you will find spectacular side dish recipes. These dishes are simple to put together but so good that you'll want to eat it all. The third chapter in the book is all about homemade bread recipes. From biscuits to cornbread, you can't go wrong with our homemade bread recipes. The last chapter is all about everyone's favorite meal of the day: dessert. Our sweet treats will have you packing your bags and heading to the South in search of more delectable dessert recipes. Mix and match Southern cooking recipes from every chapter of this eCookbook to create your own custom Southern menu. Download your free copy of the 18 Easy Southern Recipes: The Ultimate Guide to Southern Cooking and Southern Comfort Food eCookbook today!
18 Easy Southern Recipes:
The Ultimate Guide to Southern Cooking and Southern Comfort Food
Table of Contents
Don't Miss Our Other Free eCookbooks
Be sure to check out our exclusive, printable FaveSouthernRecipes Recipe Sampler! We've gathered a few of our favorite easy Southern recipes just for you!
Chapter one of 18 Easy Southern Recipes: The Ultimate Guide to Southern Cooking and Southern Comfort Food features outstanding Southern cooking recipes that make the perfect centerpiece for any meal. If you are looking for Southern comfort food recipes at their most basic, then you must check out our recipes.
- Real Simple Fried Chicken (p. 7, pictured). You only need a few basic ingredients to make amazing fried chicken. Even if you have never made fried chicken before, this recipe will show you just how easy Southern comfort food recipes can be.
- Chicken Fried Steak for Two (p. 5). This chicken fried steak recipe takes everything you love about regular fried chicken but applies it to steak. How can you go wrong?
- Granny's Chicken and Dumplings (p. 8). This recipe will help you discover the secrets that made Grandma's chicken and dumplings recipe so special.
- Puff Pastry Chicken Pot Pie will not disappoint (p. 9). Chicken pot pie is one of the best comfort food recipes.
- Grandpa's Favorite Meatloaf Recipe (p. 10). Grandpa knows a thing or two about Southern comfort food. Plus, this recipe makes enough to have leftovers!
Even though we spend most of our time concentrating on making the main dish for every meal, we all know that side dishes are more than capable of stealing the show. The second chapter in 18 Easy Southern Recipes: The Ultimate Guide to Southern Cooking and Southern Comfort Food features four show-stopping side dish recipes that are destined to be the stars of any meal they accompany.
- Momma's Baked Macaroni and Cheese (p. 11). This amazing Southern cooking recipe only requires five ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
- Quick-Fix Pineapple Casserole (p. 12, pictured). This delicious pineapple casserole is a staple at Southern potlucks and church suppers. When you read this recipe, you might be skeptical of the ingredients, but they actually work well together to create a sweet and savory dish.
- Savory Brussels Sprouts with Bacon (p. 13) is a delicious vegetable dish that is complete with bacon!
- Scratch-Made Broccoli Casserole (p. 14) This cheesy casserole makes a wonderful addition to any meal.
What is Southern comfort food if it is not accompanied by a buttery, flaky biscuit or a big slab of crumbly cornbread? We like our Southern-fried delicacies with plenty of carbs, which is why the third chapter of 18 Easy Southern Recipes: The Ultimate Guide to Southern Cooking and Southern Comfort Food is entirely dedicated to homemade bread recipes.
- The Best 7-Up Biscuits (p. 15). We're not playing around when we say they are the best; these biscuits are light, fluffy, and ridiculously easy to make. Even the most inexperienced baker could whip up a batch of these Southern biscuits in a jiffy.
- Classic Paula Deen-Style Biscuits (p. 18) are a celebrity-inspired biscuit recipe.
- Old Fashioned Cornbread in this chapter (p. 16, pictured). We would never forget about good-old Southern cornbread. This cornbread recipe is everything that Southern cornbread should be: dense, crumbly, and not too sweet.
- Honey-Sweetened Cornbread (p. 17) is perfect if you want to try something a little different. This is a sweeter version of the Southern classic.
We saved the best for last with our fourth chapter on recipes for dessert. You will find five classic Southern dessert recipes that are sure to sweeten any occasion.
- Fast-Fix Fried Apples (p. 20, pictured) is an extraordinarily versatile recipe. This recipe comes together in less than forty minutes, and it is so easy to prepare. You can serve these apples on their own for dessert or as a side dish, or as a topping for pancakes, ice cream, or oatmeal. The possibilities are endless with this recipe for Fast-Fix Fried Apples.
- Southern Banana Pudding (p. 21). Banana pudding is a cool and creamy staple that makes a great dessert during the spring and summer. The recipe we have included is one of the best banana pudding recipes because the vanilla custard is made entirely from scratch. This layered dessert is bound to become one of your favorite go-to Southern desserts for special occasions and birthdays.
- Caramel Pound Cake (p. 22) tops a decadent pound cake with homemade caramel sauce. Who could resist that?
- Nana's Old-Fashioned Peach Cobbler (p. 24) is a classic fruit dessert that will become a tradition in your family.
- Strawberry Almond Crisp (p. 26) is a sweet and easy dessert that everyone will love.
FaveSouthernRecipes' eCookbooks are free, downloadable recipe collections organized around a theme, such as fried chicken recipes, cornbread and biscuit recipes, our favorite Southern dessert recipes, and more. These eCookbooks are PDF documents that can be downloaded off our website, saved to your computer, and/or printed out for easy reference while cooking and baking. If you are having trouble downloading our free eCookbooks, visit our FAQ page here: How to Download our eCookbooks.
If you enjoyed this free eCookbook, you won't want to miss any of our other downloadable recipe collections. You can browse our entire library of free eCookbooks here.
With your free copy of our 18 Easy Southern Recipes: The Ultimate Guide to Southern Cooking and Southern Comfort Food eCookbook you can also subscribe to our newsletter Everyday Southern Comfort to become part of our Southern cooking community. In subscribing to the newsletter you will receive:
- Weekly emails with Southern recipes, tips, collection pages and more.
- Chances to win cooking books and products from our weekly giveaways and contests.
- New FREE recipes made available to you throughout the year.
- Access to our free recipe library full of hundreds more free recipes.
- The opportunity to share ideas and help others in the cooking community.
This sneak peek of what this new eCookbook has in store for you has hopefully convinced you to download it free today. If any or all of these recipes appeal to you, click on one of the eCookbook icons anywhere on this page to download your free copy of 18 Easy Southern Recipes: The Ultimate Guide to Southern Cooking and Southern Comfort Food. You won't regret downloading this free eCookbook and printing its delicious recipes! Once you get your copy, you can either keep it on your computer or eReader, or print it out and keep it in your kitchen. No matter how you use your eCookbook, once you've tried even one of the recipes, you'll be glad you downloaded it.
What is your favorite comfort food? Tell us in the comments below!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Ultimate Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Glazed Brown Sugar Meatloaf
- Top 100 Easy Southern Recipes of 2014
- 30 Church Supper Recipes and Easy Potluck Ideas
- 15 Classic Kentucky Derby Recipes
- 20-Minute Ham and Cheese Roll-Ups
- 20 Southern Recipes for Lent
- Bacon Brown Sugar Smokies
- 25 Southern Casserole Recipes
- The Essential Guide to Soul Food: 35 Soul Food Recipes
- 11 Savory Southern Recipes For Dinner: The Best Southern Dinner Recipes
- 9 Easy Southern Recipes: The Ultimate Guide to Southern Cooking and Southern Comfort Food
- Best Brunch Recipes: 9 Southern Recipes for Brunch
- Fantastic Fruit Dessert Recipes: 8 Southern Recipes for Dessert
- Heavenly Southern Desserts: 9 Easy Cake Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Blueberry Coffee Cake Bites
- Bacon Pineapple Pulled Pork Tacos
- Cinnamon Streusel Butter Cake with Caramel Icing
- Peach Blueberry Trifle
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Soup
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread
- Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Soup
- Roasted Garlic Butter Mushrooms
- Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie
- Bonefish Grill Bang Bang Shrimp