9 Easy Southern Recipes: The Ultimate Guide to Southern Cooking and Southern Comfort Food
The Southern Po' Boy Cookbook Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
The Southern Po' Boy Cookbook
Provided by Ulysses Press
Ulysses Press Company Profile
Reviewed by Kaitlin Weiler
When visiting New Orleans, you are bound to experience the deliciousness that is the po' boy sandwich. This regional specialty is renowned for its delectable combination of meat or fried seafood and crusty French bread. Although the classic po' boy sandwich will stand the test of time as a Louisiana staple, The Southern Po' Boy Cookbook by Todd-Michael St. Pierre has set out to reimagine the limits of the traditional po' boy.
The Southern Po' Boy Cookbook is divided into five sections: "Original NOLA", "International Affairs", "Elegant and Fancy Boys", "The Unusual Boys", and "Boy Oh Boy: If It Swims, Cook It!" Each section features creatively-named recipes that push the po' boy's boundaries. From Fried Shrimp and Oyster Po' Boys to Red Bean and Andouille Sausage Po' Boys, The Southern Po' Boy Cookbook has something for everyone. There is even a recipe to help you make your own homemade po' boy bread for the most authentic sandwich experience possible.
The cookbook features beautiful photography and atmospheric artwork that will make you feel as though you have been transported to New Orleans. The book's introduction offers a rich history of the po' boy and interesting po' boy minutiae is sprinkled through the cookbook.
Whether or not you have been to New Orleans, The Southern Po' Boy Cookbook will inspire you to get cooking and to transform your own kitchen into the heart of New Orleans.
Enter to win a copy of The Southern Po' Boy Cookbook from 2/24/14 to 3/9/14.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 11 Savory Southern Recipes For Dinner: The Best Southern Dinner Recipes
- 9 Easy Southern Recipes: The Ultimate Guide to Southern Cooking and Southern Comfort Food
- Best Brunch Recipes: 9 Southern Recipes for Brunch
- Fantastic Fruit Dessert Recipes: 8 Southern Recipes for Dessert
- Heavenly Southern Desserts: 9 Easy Cake Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- 10 Cake Mix Hacks: How to Make a Cake Mix Taste Homemade
- Heavenly Buttermilk Cornbread
- Perfect Pineapple Fluff
- Disappearing Amish Macaroni Salad
- Texas-Style Peach Cobbler for Two
- No-Bake Smoosh Bars
- No-Bake Strawberry Lemon Lush
- Homemade Vanilla Cake Mix Recipe
- Circulon Ultimum Square Grill Pan
- Southern Pecan Cobbler Dump Cake