Mary Haymaker - Food Blogger
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
Teacher by day, food photographer and writer by night, Mary Haymaker started the blog Chattavore in 2011 to spotlight all the fantastic local restaurants cropping up in her hometown of Chattanooga, Tennessee. It quickly became apparent that her teacher's salary was not going to support the amount of dining out it would take to build a blog solely on restaurant writing.
Armed with a huge cookbook collection and a healthy love for kitchen gadgets, Mary started photographing the creations she whipped up in her kitchen. With the memories of her grandmother's kitchen still fresh in her mind, she determined to start from scratch as much as possible. She also decided that local is not just best where restaurants are concerned but also where ingredients are concerned. She obtains as many of her ingredients as possible from Chattanooga-area farmers and small-scale food producers and is on a first-name basis with the people who sell her milk and coffee.
Mary lives near Chattanooga, Tennessee with her musician husband Phil, a fluffy grey cat named Stella, a ton of cookbooks, and a whole lot of shoes.
Mary's Recipes on FaveSouthernRecipes:
Featured in these eCookbooks from FaveSouthernRecipes:
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Recipe of the Day
Mandarin Orange Cake with Dreamy Pineapple Frosting is quick to make, looks gorgeous, and tastes amazing. What could be better than… See more
Jackie Garvin - Food Blogger
Judy Hannemann - Food Blogger
Karly Campbell - Food Blogger
Claudia Lamascolo - Food Blogger
Christina Lane - Food Blogger
Paula Jones - Food Blogger
Gina Moore - Food Blogger
Kelli Davidson - Food Blogger
April Aceto - Food Blogger
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- BergHOFF Leo 4-Piece Tong Set
- Cookies and Cream Hot Chocolate
- Coconut Lemon Bars
- Breakfast Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuits
- Bacon Wrapped Pork Medallions
- Good Cooking Silicone Oven Mitts
- Italian French Fries
- Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Creamy Mushroom and Spinach Tortellini Soup
- 11 Savory Southern Recipes For Dinner: The Best Southern Dinner Recipes
- 9 Easy Southern Recipes: The Ultimate Guide to Southern Cooking and Southern Comfort Food
- Best Brunch Recipes: 9 Southern Recipes for Brunch
- Fantastic Fruit Dessert Recipes: 8 Southern Recipes for Dessert
- Heavenly Southern Desserts: 9 Easy Cake Recipes