Classic Paula Deen-Style Buttermilk Biscuits
- Updated February 09, 2018
- Comments (6)
Anyone who has ever travelled to the South knows that no one makes biscuits quite like the Southern United States. This recipe for Classic Paula Deen-Style Buttermilk Biscuits will show you all of the wonder and magic that biscuits can hold. Each bite of these homemade buttermilk biscuits will be fluffy, rich, and irresistible.
Even if you do not know how to make biscuits, you will able to learn in no time with this easy Southern recipe. The ingredients you need are flour, baking powder and soda, sugar, butter, and buttermilk. A small amount of salt also helps to give these biscuits great flavor. Once you try this easy biscuit recipe that is inspired by the queen of Southern cooking, you will never turn to another biscuit recipe again.
Download a free, printable copy of 9 Easy Southern Recipes for more Southern comfort food recipes.
- 2 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup cold buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, pulse 2 1/4 cups of the flour with the baking powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Add the cubes of butter and pulse just until the butter is in pieces the size of small peas. Remove the mixture to a large bowl and fold in the buttermilk with a rubber spatula just until the dry mixture has absorbed the liquid. Do not overmix.
- Place the remaining 2 tablespoons of flour on a work surface and knead the dough for 2 or 3 turns just until it holds together and smooths out. Press into a 6 x 6-inch square. Cut into nine 2-inch squares.
- Gently place the squares into the baking pan, not quite touching each other. Bake for 15 minutes or until a light golden brown on top. Serve while warm.
Tags / Related Topics
Subscribe to Our Free Newsletter
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.