Better Than KFC Buttermilk Biscuits
One of the best things to get at a KFC restaurant is their fluffy biscuits. Now you can make them at home with this recipe for Better Than KFC Buttermilk Biscuits. This copycat KFC recipe is extremely simple to make, it might just taste even better than the restaurant version. These biscuits are easy enough to whip up as a side dish for a weeknight meal, but they are also a great addition to special occasion dinners. The next time you are craving KFC fried chicken and biscuits, stay home and make this recipe for Better Than KFC Buttermilk Biscuits.
Chilling Time20 min
Cooking Time12 min
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Sift the dry ingredients in a large bowl and cut in the butter with a pastry cutter or with two knives until a coarse meal texture is obtained.
- Add buttermilk and knead lightly but thoroughly. The dough should be soft but not sticky. If it is, add a little more flour.
- Knead for 1 minute, wrap in foil or wax paper and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to 1/2 inch thick on a lightly floured surface and cut with a biscuit cutter. If you don't have one, a drinking glass of the desired diameter will work.
- Transfer biscuits to a dark baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Tags / Related Topics
Subscribe to Our Free Newsletter
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.